All woodworking items are handcrafted in Franklin, TN.
Please review all questions below in order to accurately quote you on your custom project. Once you have all answers, please email us at email@example.com to receive a project timeline, sign our custom contract and to checkout.
1. What is the final use of your product? Does it need to be food safe?
2. What ideal size should your product be? (width, length, thickness)
3. What is your wood choice? (see image)
4. Should your product be solid or would you like to coordinate on a design? (ie. contrast stripes, modern block, etc)
5. Where ideally would you like the branding to be placed? (typical is bottom right)
6. Do you have any inspiration photos that you can share?
7. Are you on a specific timeline?
*all custom orders are placed in que, we let you know what your number is when purchased. If you need an item rushed - a rush fee may be applicable.
GENERAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Cutting boards should never be submerged in water for extended periods of time or put in the dishwasher. Never place hot pots and pans or other very hot items on the wood cutting board surface as it may burn and discolor. After every use, brush with soapy warm water, rinse and dry thoroughly.
CUTTING BOARD CONDITIONER APPLICATION
A few times a year, or more with heavier use, we recommend re-seasoning your cutting board. When your board becomes lighter in color and feels 'dry' to the touch, it's time to re-season your board. House of Wards Woodworking uses Walrus Cutting Board Oil
to season our cutting boards during construction; however, any commercially-available cutting board conditioner that utilizes mineral oil and beeswax will suffice. This wood conditioning treatment helps prevent staining, cracking, and food odor absorption. Do not use olive oil or other cooking oils to seal your board as these oils can turn rancid over time. Simply rub a small amount of the conditioner onto a clean, dry cutting board, with a clean rag. Wipe the conditioner in the direction of the wood grain and let soak for a few minutes. Any excess should be buffed off with a clean rag, in the direction of the grain of the wood, until the board has a smooth sheen.
Care Cards are available with your purchase.